Last updated and effective date: March 9, 2022
We may provide different or additional privacy notices in connection with certain activities, programs, and offerings. We may also provide additional “just-in-time” notices that may supplement or clarify our privacy practices or provide you with additional choices regarding your personal information.
Our websites may include links to websites and/or applications operated and maintained by third parties. Please note that we have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of those third parties.
- What Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information we obtain about you depends on how you interact with us and our products and services. When we use the term “personal information,” we are referring to information that identifies, relates to, describes, or can be associated with you. The following are the categories and specific types of personal information that we collect:
- Including your full name, alias, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, account name, signature, username or social media handle, or other similar identifiers when provided.
- Including your driver’s license number, or other similar government identifier when provided.
- Including device identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifier, or similar unique identifiers when provided.
- Including browsing or search history, and information regarding your interactions with our websites, mobile applications, emails, or advertisements when provided.
- Including information that permits us to determine your location, such as if you manually provide location information or enable your mobile device to send us precise location information when provided.
- Including credit or debit card number when provided.
- Including products or services you have purchased, returned, exchanged, or considered, preferences, and rewards activity related to Beauty Insider membership when provided.
- Including skin tone and type, hair color and type, eye color, and other beauty profile information you provide.
- Including age, gender, race, ethnicity, estimated income, and household information, some of which may include characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law.
- Including your communications with us and any other content you provide (such as social media profiles, photographs, images, videos, survey responses, comments, product reviews, testimonials, and other content). This includes engagement with our distributed brands on social media.
- Including photographs, images, videos when provided by the customer with relation to Bayside Brush or any of our distributed brands.
- Inferences drawn from or created based on any of the information identified above.
- Including professional or employment-related information (such as education and employment history) and any other information you provide in connection with applying and interviewing for employment at Bayside Brush.
- How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information about you from various sources. For example, we collect and obtain information:
Directly from you
We collect personal information you provide, such as when you make a purchase, register for an account, or create a profile, contact us, respond to a survey, contest or other similar campaign or promotion, respond to a survey, apply for a job, or sign up to receive emails, text messages, and/or postal mailings.
Using cookies and other automatic data collection technologies
When you visit our websites, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our advertisements, we or third parties we work with automatically collect certain information using technologies such as cookies, web beacons, clear GIF, pixels, internet tags, web server logs, and other data collection tools. For more information, please see “Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies” section below.
From our Third-Party Partners
We obtain information from third parties that we have partnered with (such as Shopify, Amazon, Walmart, eBay and other third parties we choose to collaborate or work with). Additionally, if you have given Bayside Brush permission to store your Payment Information, your credit card issuer may provide us with updated Payment Information (including credit card number and expiration date) in connection with the credit card issuer’s account updater service.
From Social Media Platforms and Networks
If you interact with us on social media or use features, such as plugins, widgets, or other tools made available by social media platforms or networks (including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google, You Tube, and Pinterest) in connection with our website, we collect information that you share with us, or that the social media platforms share with us. For more information about the privacy practices of those social media platforms, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use.
From Other Sources
For example, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as data analytics providers, marketing or advertising service providers, fraud prevention service providers, vendors that provide services on our behalf, or publicly available sources. We also create information based on our analysis of the information we have collected from you.
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
We permit third parties to use tracking technologies on our websites for analytics to understand how visitors interact with our websites. For example, we use Google Analytics to evaluate website traffic and usage data to help us improve our products and services. For more information about how Google collects and processes data visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/, and for Adobe please visit https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
We also permit third parties to use tracking technologies on our websites for advertising, including to help manage and display advertisements, to tailor advertisements to your interests, or to send abandoned shopping cart reminders. The third parties use their technology to provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests which may appear either on our websites or on other websites. This is sometimes referred to as third-party behavioral advertising.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
We collect and use personal information for various purposes, including:
Providing Products and Services
We use your personal information to provide products and services, such as to fulfill your orders and/or complete the transactions you request;, process your payments; provide you receipts and order updates; send notifications to you related to your account, purchases, returns, exchanges, subscriptions, and reservations; and create, maintain, and otherwise manage your account, profile, or program membership, including offering functionalities such as easy checkout and the ability to save user preferences and transaction history and to provide a forum for discussion, asking questions, posting photos and reviews, and sharing experiences.
Depending on the products and/or services you request, the categories of information used for these purposes may include Basic Identifying Information, Payment Information, and Commercial Information.
Communicating With You
We use your personal information to communicate with you, such as to respond to and/or follow-up on your requests, inquiries, issues or feedback, and to provide customer service.
Marketing and Promotional Purposes
We use personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send marketing, advertising, and promotional communications by email, text message or postal mail (such as trend alerts, promotions, new product launches, and event invitations); to show you advertisements for products and/or services tailored to your interests on social media and other websites; and to administer our sweepstakes, contests, and other similar promotions.
Analytics and Personalization
We use personal information to conduct research and analytics, including to improve our services and product offerings; to understand how you interact with our websites, advertisements, and communications with you to determine which of our products or services are the most popular, and to improve our websites and marketing campaigns; to personalize your experience, to save you time when you visit our website, and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you; to provide services, to better understand our customers’ needs, and to provide personalized recommendations about our products and services.
Security and Fraud Prevention
We use personal information to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property, or safety of Bayside Brush and our users, customers, employees, or others.
We use personal information to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim.
Core Business Functions
We use personal information to support core business functions, including to maintain records related to business process management; loss and fraud prevention, and to collect amounts owing to us; and to provide and maintain the functionality of our website, including identifying and repairing errors or problems.
We use Job Applicant Information to make decisions about recruitment and in anticipation of a contract of employment. Providing this information is required for employment.
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- We share certain personal information with third parties that perform services to support our core business functions and internal operations including: fulfilling orders, delivering packages, complying with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary, sending postal mail, e-mails and text messages, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, administering our Ratings & Reviews, supporting beacons, processing credit card and debit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service.
- Some of our websites provide the opportunity to post content in a public forum. If you decide to submit information in these public forums, that information will be publicly available.
- We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government inquiries or investigations, or to comply with relevant laws and regulations. We may also disclose information to establish, exercise, or protect the rights of our company, employees, agents, and affiliates; to defend against a legal claim; to protect the safety and security of our visitors; to detect and protect against fraud; and to take action regarding possible illegal activities or violations of our policies.
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
We realize that individuals trust us to protect their personal information. We maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect your personal information in our possession, no method of transmission over the internet, or security system is perfect, and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
For your convenience, our websites include functionality that allows you to remain logged in so that you do not have to re-enter your password each time you want to access your account. If you choose to remain logged in, you should be aware that anyone with access to your device will be able to access and make changes to your account and may be able to make purchases through your account. For that reason, if you choose to remain logged in, we strongly recommend that you take appropriate steps (such as enabling the “Passcode Lock” security feature on your mobile device) to protect against unauthorized access to and use of your account. Please also notify us as soon as possible if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or password.
- Your Rights
Consistent with applicable law, you may exercise the rights described in this section. Please note that some of the rights may vary depending on your country, province, or state of residence.
Accessing, Updating, Correcting, and Deleting Personal Information
You may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you and how we have processed it, update and correct inaccuracies, get a copy of, or delete your personal information. You may also have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by applicable law.
Access and Deletion
You can submit a request to access or delete your personal information, or withdraw consent, by:
Submitting a Request Form; or
Calling (305) 594-4953
If you are a Canadian resident and want to withdraw consent to processing, please submit a deletion request by submitting the form, or calling the number, above.
Updates and Corrections
You can update information related to your account by:
Logging into your account on baysidebrushco.com or iandjccorp.com or calling (305) 594-4953.
If you have given Bayside Brush permission to store your credit card information and you don’t want merchants like Bayside Brush to receive your updated credit card information through your credit card issuer’s account updater service, please contact your card issuer.
For us to process some requests, we will need to verify your identity to confirm that the request came from you. We may contact you by phone or e-mail to verify your request. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, and an e-mail address that you have used with Bayside Brush, or a phone number you have used with Bayside Brush. For certain requests, we may also ask you to provide details about the most recent purchase you made online or in store.
Managing Communication Preferences
You can stop receiving promotional e-mails at any time by:
Clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive from us; or
Logging into your account on baysidebrushco.com, clicking on the “My Account” page, and managing your email preferences.
Removing Content from Bayside Brush Public Forums
You can request that we remove content or information that you have posted on a public page on some of our websites (such as part of a Ratings & Review, or your Beauty Insider Community activity) by e-mailing details to Customer Service at email@example.com. Please note that while we will endeavor to honor your request, our removal of your content or information does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that information from our website. For example, historical copies, or “caches,” may remain.
- Transmission of Information to Other Countries
Bayside Brush Co. is located in the United States. We offer our services to customers in Canada. We process personal information submitted to the Bayside Brush Co. within the United States. If you submit personal information to Bayside Brush Co. your personal information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States.
- Children's Privacy
Our website is not intended for or directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete the information from our records.
- Communicating With Us
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, you can contact Bayside Brush’s General Counsel by mail, telephone, or e-mail:
I & J.C. Corp.
Legal Department, Privacy
1380 NW 78th Ave
33126 Miami, FL
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
- Changes to This Policy
- Information for California Residents – California Privacy Rights
California Shine the Light
Customers who are residents of California may request information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information, please submit a written request to us at this address:
Bayside Brush Co.
Legal Department, Privacy
1380 NW 78th Ave
33126 Miami, FL
Categories of Personal Information We Collect and Our Purposes for Collection and Use
You can find a list of the categories of personal information that we collect in the “What Personal Information We Collect” section above. For details regarding the sources form which we obtain personal information, please see the “How We Collect Your Personal Information” section above. We collect and use personal information for the business or commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Your Personal Information” section above.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed and Categories of Recipients
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes to the categories of recipients listed below:
- We share Basic Identifying Information with: Service Providers, Third Party Partners, advertising networks, and social media networks.
- Providers, Third Party Partners, advertising networks, and social media networks.
- We share Internet or Other Network Activity with: Service Providers, Third Party Partners, advertising networks, and social media networks.
- We share Geolocation Data with: Service Providers and Third Party Partners.
- We share Payment Information with: Service Providers who process payments.
- We share Commercial Information with: Service Providers, Third Party Partners, advertising networks, and social media networks.
- We share Physical Characteristics with: Service Providers who help administer Community, Beauty Insider, or product recommendations.
- We share Health and Medical Information you choose to provide regarding skin conditions or medications: in connection with a beauty service or with Service Providers that help make product recommendations.
- We share User Content with: Service Providers who help administer our programs, such as Community or product reviews, and social media networks.
- We share Audio and Visual Information with: Service Providers who help administer customer service and fraud or loss prevention services.
- We share Inferences with: Service Providers who help administer marketing and personalization.
For more information on how your information is shared, please see the “How We Share Your Personal Information" section, which provides more detail on our Service Providers and Third Party Partners. We may also need to share any of the above categories of information pursuant to Legal Process or as a result of a Business Transfer as described in the “How We Share Your Personal Information” section.
California Privacy Rights
Subject to certain limitations and in addition to the choices enumerated under the “Your Rights” section above, California residents have the right to request access to (also referred to as the “right to know”) the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose; the right to request deletion of their personal information; and the right to opt out of any sales of personal information that may be occurring.
Access and Deletion Requests
You may submit a request for a copy of the information collected about you in the last 12-months, or request deletion of information, by following the steps outlined in the “Your Rights” section above.
You may designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf to access or delete your personal information. To do so, you must: (1) provide that authorized agent written and signed permission to submit such request; and (2) verify your own identity directly with us. Please note, we may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
If you have been designated as an authorized agent to submit a request on behalf of another consumer, you must (1) download and complete this Authorized Agent Designation Form and have it signed by the consumer, and (2) attach the signed form when you submit a Request Form.
Sale of Personal Information and the Right to Opt-Out
Though we do not receive any monetary compensation, our use of tracking technologies may be considered a “sale” under California law. You can opt-out of being tracked by these third parties by clicking “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link at the bottom of our website and selecting your preferences, or by broadcasting the global privacy control signal. Please note that your use of our website may still be tracked by Bayside Brush and/or our service providers. We do not knowingly sell the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age.
Categories of personal information disclosed that may be considered a “sale” under California law: Basic Identifying Information, Device Information and Other Unique Identifiers, Internet or Other Network Activity, Geolocation Data, and Commercial Data.
Categories of third parties to whom personal information was disclosed that may be considered a “sale” under California law: advertisers and marketing partners, data analytics providers, and social media networks.
Right to Non-Discrimination
Notice of Financial Incentive
We offer our customers a loyalty program (the Beauty Insider Program) that provides certain perks, such as rewards and exclusive offers. We may also provide other programs, such as sweepstakes, contest, or other similar promotional campaigns (collectively, the “Programs”). When you sign up for one of these Programs, we typically ask you to provide your name and contact information (such as email address and/or telephone number). Because our Programs involve the collection of personal information, they might be interpreted as a “financial incentive” program under California law. The value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services, or other benefits that you obtain or that are provided as part of the applicable Program, less the expense related to offering those products, services, and benefits to Program participants.
You may withdraw from participating in a Program at any time by contacting us using the designated method set forth in the applicable Program rules. Visit the terms and conditions page of each Program to view full details, including how to join.